Old 09-08-2003, 02:38 PM
Donald Kerns

Default Fish pond water kills all fish within 24 hours.

BenignVanilla wrote:

"Andrew Burgess" wrote in message news:bh0er4
snip
As I previously mentioned the ammonia level was tested by
the LFS, who reported that is was a little high (I am afraid I dont
remember the number or the units) but not deadly.

Should be zero, of course.

snip

I have been thinking about this, but lurking out of fear of ignorance
but...If the fish only last 10 minutes, how is ANY ammonia getting in
there?

You can get ammonia if the water company is using chloramine and you are
using a normal dechlorinator. The dechlorinator strips the chlorine
out, leaving ammonia.

AmQuel is recommended in this situation...

-Donald
--
"There is nothing so strong as gentleness, and there is nothing so
gentle as real strength." St. Francis de Sales