Old 09-08-2003, 02:39 PM
jammer

Default Fish pond water kills all fish within 24 hours.

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:15:48 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Burgess
wrote:

(Timothy Tom) writes:

As far as the water parameters,
recently the temp has been around 83 degrees.

I've never seen my pond that hot. Since no one else has commented
I suppose you hot weather folks see this all the time with no problems?
Otherwise, I'd shade it until it dropped 10 degrees and try again.

As I previously mentioned the ammonia level was tested by
the LFS, who reported that is was a little high (I am afraid I dont
remember the number or the units) but not deadly.

Should be zero, of course.

The fact that this
pond and all equipment, and rocks in it supported fish successfully
for the past two years, is what is so confusing and frustrating for
me. I will try to test for some of the other parameter mentioned.

For the water temperature, is the shading any different?

My pond stays 10 degrees cooler being shaded in the afternoon and i
am one of those hot weather folks in Texas.