Old 09-08-2003, 03:02 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default White powder on pumkpkin leaves

(FarmerDill) wrote:

This morning my pumpkin leaves were all covered with a white powder. I'm
assuming this is some kind of mold. Are there any organic remedies for this?

Andrew

Powdery Mildew. I use baking soda, but coppersulphate based fungicides work
fine, Some folks used powdered milk with good results. It is an acid loving
fungus so any thing which is basic will work to some degree.

I have white spots developing on most of the pumpkin leaves.
Suspecting it might be the same powdery mildew I tried baking soda on
them. The next morning (after another night of rain) I came out and
all the leaves I put baking soda on were brown where the baking soda
was. Although the white spots are gone...the leaves look like they are
near dead.

Is this what happens with a baking soda remedy??

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
1st Year Gardener