Old 09-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Using bones for fertilizer?

In article ,
(Bpyboy) wrote:

I've actually become quite good with bonsai. My fiance's dad raises
orchids and bonsai professionally.

A funny story about that. I was very proud of a little trident maple
I had been raising for a couple of years. A friend of mine up in
atlanta GA arranged to have a japanese master visit and give some
workshops and prune people's trees. So I set mine down, and before I
knew what was happening, he whakced mine off to about 3" tall! I got
mad and said "what the f)(*$## do you thinkyou're doing?" and he
said, "when you are as old as me, it will be beautiful"

The guy was like 100 years old at least. That was pretty zen, and
now I have a tree that looks like crap (I still have about 80 years
to go?)!

john

Oh dear! I did not mean to open up a festering wound. But I have to
admit that is pretty funny. My DH started his bonsai habit when he was
in school and, although he did not keep it up, he learned a lot about
plants. We still have tons of copper wire from those days but the
plants are long gone (a sad story). He favored Zelcovas.