Old 09-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Frogleg

Default First time mistakes?

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 01:32:37 GMT, Heidi wrote:

I'll admit this big DUH! mistake. Being very naive and new to
gardening, I thought that I had killed my hostas when they died back in
the winter. I was certain I had a black thumb. It was only when they
came back up in the spring that I realized I might be able to keep
plants alive after all.

^_^ Gardening is a constant learning experience. I can understand
your Hosta experience. They sure are 'gone' in winter. And I don't
think many plant labels say "perfectly healthy leaves suddenly yellow
and die each fall. Don't worry." I've planted too much (and too
little), under- and over-watered, and because I *love* full-sun
plants, have tried to hypnotize them into thinking 2-3hrs/day is
plenty.

The *good* thing about gardening mistakes is that we generally learn
from experience. And there are many around to help -- with advice and
experinece, 'though seldom with digging!