Old 09-08-2003, 11:32 PM
vonroach

Default Swamp Lawn

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 01:20:27 -0700, "Frederick Claus"
wrote:

After evry rain, my backyard is a giant swamp. Behind the pool where the
ground slopes there is always a giant puddle. The rest of the lawn you can
not really tell it is swampy until you walk on it.

Any ideas as to how to fix it? Should I level out the yard with new dirt and
grass seed, or just dig a drainage ditch?

Suggest a mixture of top soil and sand. Plain dirt gets muddy and makes it
worse. Avoid `bank sand' if possible (it tends to be salty). Good soil is pretty
expensive. After applied and leveled, then seed.

Also if I till the yard, level it and add new grass seed, how can I do that
and still allow my kids to play in the yard?

Thanks,
Frederick