Old 09-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Rusty Hinge

Default Unknown creepy crawlie

The message

In article ,
Aileen Howard wrote:

I went out to the patio at the bottom of the garden a couple of hours
ago to
see something about 3 or 4 inches long, about half an inch in
diameter, dark
brown in colour, with a segmented body, heading for the soil. I've never
seen one before (and don't want to again) so has anyone any idea what it
could be please? I've 'googled' for slow worms and it isn't one of those.

With legs? If so, a millipede. While they can damage seedlings etc.,
they don't occur in large numbers and are best regarded as interesting
and to be ignored.

You've got fat millipedes Nick - ½" in diameter?

--
Rusty
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk excange d.p. with p to reply.