Old 10-08-2003, 12:02 AM
profpam

Default Now I've Done It!

Hi, Diana,

A new shoot will sometimes form in phals when the terminal bud is
removed; however, this happens more frequently for vandas types which
have been subject to crown rot and all roots and leaves are not only in
tact but also in good condition.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

Diana Kulaga wrote:

Look what I've done! I was repotting a Phal today, and Frank was watching.
I mentioned that the new center leaf is very delicate at this stage. Then -
I snapped it off. I can't believe I did it. Have never done this before.
It seems like such a rudimentary question, and I think I know the answer,
but I need reassurance. Please tell me that another leaf will grow anyway?
Please?

As punishment, I am going to stand in the rain, which is currently
substantial, until my crown rots. Yeesh.

Diana