Old 10-08-2003, 12:12 AM
Kenni Judd

Default Now I've Done It!

Hi, Diana: You must come in out of the rain to read the answers! And, of
course, to maintain your own health so that you can take care of the rest of
your orchids G.

Chances are, it did not break low enough to take out the "growing point."
If that's the case, another new leaf will come from the top. But even if it
did break low, there's a better than even probability that the plant will
initiate a new "growing point." In that event, it might look a bit weird
for a while, with the new growth coming out from between 2 lower leaves, but
it will still grow and bloom for you.

Good growing,

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Look what I've done! I was repotting a Phal today, and Frank was

watching.
I mentioned that the new center leaf is very delicate at this stage.

Then -
I snapped it off. I can't believe I did it. Have never done this before.
It seems like such a rudimentary question, and I think I know the answer,
but I need reassurance. Please tell me that another leaf will grow

anyway?
Please?

As punishment, I am going to stand in the rain, which is currently
substantial, until my crown rots. Yeesh.

Diana