Old 10-08-2003, 01:42 AM
PJ

Default Weeding a lawn

Hi

My new lawn is looking very good. I put the seeds down myself in September
having prepared the ground beforehand very thoroughly last summer.

I am mowing it regularly and this does indeed keep the weeds at bay very well
indeed. It's also getting a lot of water in this very dry period.

I do have a few dandelions and I'm wondering what is the best way of removing
them? I am a newbie at gardening completely so forgive me if my question has
a very obvious answer.

If I dig them up doesn't this leave a hole in the lawn? I understand the lawn
will fill the hole in after a while, but is there a technique to digging them
out leaving just a very small hole? or something...

--
Patrick