Old 10-08-2003, 08:38 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Evaporation rate guesses

If it's splash just turn off the water fall and see if that corrects the
problem. On average I'd say, without splash out, 1/4" is normal in 24
hours, ime. ~ jan

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 15:25:10 GMT, Niko
wrote:

Bob:

I'm in Austin as well and I just built my pond (4x4x2, 150 g) on top
with a smaller (8x4x3, ~400 gallons)on the bottom with about 20' of
stream/waterfalls using a 3900 gph pump. It's kind of scary how much
water evaporates, makes you think you have a leak or something,
hopefully I don't. I lose about 1/2 in. overnight and about another 1"
during the day. I do have a lot of splash though.

Is this too much? I'm still paranoid so I keep checking the overlaps
of the liner.

Nik

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/