Old 10-08-2003, 10:03 AM
Chris Hogg

Default Hydrangea colours

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 07:41:10 GMT, Exiddor wrote:

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 18:21:34 +0100, Rusty wrote:

"Exiddor" wrote:

[...]
Is there anything I can do to restore it to the beautiful
deep blue colour it was when purchased?

Certainly there is. Get hold of some aluminium sulphate or better still,
Miracid, a soil acidifier and plant food with chelated iron. Follow the
instructions on the pack, however, it might take a little time to get back
that beautiful deep blue. An old gardening buddy used to dig in rusty metal,
old nails etc. The Miracid should do the trick for you.

Many thanks, Rusty - I'm off to the garden centre now to find some.

Coincidentally, an old gentleman was just passing by and said "I see your
new Hydrangea has faded - you should bury some old rusty nails around it".

So that's something to keep in mind for the future.

Miracid is know called Miracle-Grow Ericaceous Fertiliser. Failing
that, Chempak do a similar product with a similar name.

--
Chris