Old 10-08-2003, 10:03 AM
Jordan

Default Petunias and hanging baskets

I have had hanging baskets outside of my house for the past 4 years.
Normally I plant a selection of geraniums, fuschias and petunias. The first
year, no problems but the last three years, all of the petunias have gone
down with some sort of disease causing them to wilt and die back around two
months after planting. The disease seems to start with one plant, and then
spreads to others in the basket and then to other baskets. The petunias go
brown, the leaves die back and although the end shoots still keep flowering
(just) the volume of flowers is greatly reduced and the baskets quickly take
on a 'ragged' look.

Any ideas where I am going wrong, or ideas on plants I can use instead of
petunias???