Old 10-08-2003, 12:03 PM
Simon Gardner

Default Surviving a plague of moths

In article ,
"David W.E. Roberts" wrote:

"Roy Millar" wrote in message
Don't know what I could have done to encourage them, but I'm suffering
a plague of small (clothes?) moths.

Anyone know of reasonably safe ways of eliminating them?

If you can bear it, please don't eliminate them.
Obviously check that they are not clothes moths first :-)
AFAIK they are completely harmless and beneficial to the garden, much like
butterflies.

Sounds like it might be meal moths. They like flour and particularly
peanuts. They are a bugger to get rid of and you have to use a special
insecticide for months. Ordinary household insecticide doesn't touch them.
Make sure all possible stored food is sealed so the grubs can't get at it.