Old 10-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default What is this plant?

Hugh Jass said:

My kids planted a seed pack they got at school. It was a variety pack
of vegetables and flowers. I've got one monster vine taking over the
whole garden. It seems to have several medium-sized gourds on it and
also has an interesting yellow bloom. Any help identifying this monster
would be appreciated. As well, are the gourds edible? Pictures are he

I agree with Philip; it looks like it could be a spaghetti squash.

Certainly, is seems to be some sort of squash in the same species (C. pepo)
as spaghetti squash and pumpkins.

Should be edible, but maybe a bit stringy. 8^)

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)