Old 10-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Brian

Default What is this plant?

Pat Meadows wrote:
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 02:37:17 GMT, Hugh Jass
wrote:

My kids planted a seed pack they got at school. It was a variety pack
of vegetables and flowers. I've got one monster vine taking over the
whole garden. It seems to have several medium-sized gourds on it and
also has an interesting yellow bloom. Any help identifying this monster
would be appreciated. As well, are the gourds edible? Pictures are he

http://www.geocities.com/hogger_jeff/plant_1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/hogger_jeff/plant_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/hogger_jeff/plant_3.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/hogger_jeff/plant_4.jpg

I think it's a squash of some kind - it could be
not-yet-ripe spaghetti squash.

Pat

I agree as I am growing them now. It is a not-yet-ripe spaghetti squash.
Wait until it gets yellow and hard. Watch out for squash bugs.