Old 10-08-2003, 02:12 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Fw: wanting to share my Low Buck Misting system

First off I am a new member, so this may not be the right place
to post this I am sorry, but if it helps out someone new I will
be willing to get yelled at.

I set up my own mister system including 5 mister heads, tubing,

timer that I can set for up to 4 watering times a day, 7 days a
week, all for 75.00 dollars (US) CHEAP!!!!.
Posting this info here is fine, so long as you have no
financial ties with the product you mention -- and it is a
one-time occasion.

That said, I don't find that set up particularly cheap. Drip
Works, Walt Nikke, and sometimes Wayside Gardens all sell a kit
with 50 feet of 1 inch tubing, 50 feet of 1/4 inch tubing, a
water filter and 50 mister/sprayers (or drip emitters) for

(last
year) under $50. The timer is extra (another $50) but is

totally
unnecessary except at vacation time. I also can buy components
for much less (no shipping) at a local nursery.

Watering 4 times a day sounds excessive to me.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++