Old 10-08-2003, 03:33 PM
Bazza

Default Odd stuff in soil

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:19:48 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wibbled:

"Glenda" wrote in message
While doing some weeding just now (to get rid of that blinkin' awful
oxalis!!)

You are unlikely to succeed unless you use glyphosate. We failed for 20
years till we used roundup.

We manage to keep it under control by digging it out and/or using
weedkiller on it but it's never going to go completely. The next door
neighbour has it and he doesn't do much to keep his garden under
control so even if we managed to eradicate it from our beds the seeds
would come flying over to our side as soon as the heads exploded.

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'