Old 10-08-2003, 05:02 PM
None

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

Well, if you want to compare it to table salt. I wouldn't put it on my
food, but then I wouldn't use salt to kill weeds. Unless it is in the
driveway and I don't plan to grow anything there for many years.
Ok the truth, if you buy the right formulation for the job it would be
effective and safe on the environment. It is not soil active and some
formulations are designed for aquatic use that will breakdown rapidly after
application. But remember to read the label to determine what the safe uses
are for that formulation. There are now over 100 different brands and
formulations of glyphosate, commonly referred to as "Round-UP."

" wrote in message
m...
Is glyphosate as "safe as table salt" as alleged by Monsanto, or is it
extremely hazardous as contended by some environmentalists? What are
the latest opinions? Thanx, Jack