Old 02-02-2003, 10:28 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Mini-Tomato Plants?

On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 21:38:59 GMT, "Lorenzo L. Love"
wrote:

I grow Red Robins every year. I have very limited space and I can tuck
Red Robins in 6" pots, hanging baskets and window boxes in odd corners,
fence tops, and borders. Very nice plant, high yield, good taste,
disease resistant. And in pots, I can start them earlier then in ground
plants, just bringing them inside at night. Looking at the catalogs on
my desk at the moment, I see them in R. H. Shumway's Horticultural
Products and Services (www.hpsseed.com) and in Totally Tomatoes
(www.totallytomato.com). The yellow version is Yellow Canary. I've grown
those too, otherwise identical to Red Robins. They don't seem to be
available every year. I haven't seen any this year. I have tried
Micro-Tom in the past but found the fruit to be low yield and poor
taste. Another small variety I have grown is Tumbler. Good yield, good
taste but I found it to be very susceptible to wilt diseases and have
replaced them with Red Robins. But they may do well in your area.
Haven't tried Pixie or Reimann Philipp.

I did find Red Robins in the Pinetree Garden Seed catalog,
so I'll order them from there. Thanks!

And thanks to the others who replied, as well.

Pat
-- Pat Meadows
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/