Old 10-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Dave Gower

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

" wrote in message
m...
Is glyphosate as "safe as table salt" as alleged by Monsanto, or is it
extremely hazardous as contended by some environmentalists? What are
the latest opinions?

I've used it for years, either hand-sprayed in a squirt bottle or pained on
with a brush. Not once have I seen any degradation in plants that were close
to the treated foliage except in cases of accidental overspray. It really is
quite amazing how you can kill a plant and one right next to it doesn't even
notice.

I sometimes use plastic to protect a desirable plant, or simply wash it off
with a watering can after spraying.

So for what it's worth, my experience is that Monsanto is telling the truth.