Old 10-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Rusty Hinge

Default Borage (Off Topic - Top Posting discussion)

The message 3fcea991630c1885209910a206cd3f1a@TeraNews
from hrafndot contains these words:

Could someone elaborate on the following quote in simple language for me
as I seem to be making all the classic mistakes. I appreciated advice
on netiquette as am new to newsgroups. Am ex-hotmail, now uko2 and am
not currently beseiged.

"Not if you use a doctored account for usenet like I do. Unfortunately
cottoned on to this trick only after my adress had been harvested, but
hopefully my doctored account keeps the spammers at bay.

If you hit 'reply by e-mail' or whatever your newsreader says to this
post, it will bounce. If you want to reply, a working address is
provided at the bottom of my posts, as required by AUP*

You can use various filters too

* Accepted User Policy