Old 10-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Rusty Hinge

Default Gardening - test

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

Sorry I ought to have specified... I meant taste

My understanding of vodka is that it is essentially diluted ethyl alcohol,
and has no taste other than that of alcohol. My "fortified wines" did
retain a fair amount of the flavour of the original wine.

It's very difficult to get alcohol without flavour if you distill a
fermented 'mash' or wine. Most flavours attach themselves to the alcohol
to some extent, and come over with it more or less during distillation.

Freeze separating is similar, and the ice remaining after you've taken
the juice is just about flavourless.

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk excange d.p. with p to reply.