Old 10-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Ray

Default Sticky stuff on Phal.

Norm,

That's probably a good assessment, and nothing to worry about. However, it
CAN attract ants that will bring other critters with them, so some folks
prefer to use a damp paper towel to remove it.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Nell" wrote in message
On returning from 2-week vacation, I notice one of my phals has sticky
stuff on it. Mostly on the stalks but a little on the leaves. It is
clear, like a sugar syrup or something, but extremely sticky. Don't see
any evidence of bugs or other living creatures.

Aside from this, this phal seems to be doing remarkablly well. It is
sprouting two new stalks and produced two new leaves while we were away.
It looks extremely healthy (esp. when compared with my other plahs which
are looking rather sick frankly).

Someone suggested that thriving orchids produce honeydew. Could this be
what it is? If so, do I need to do anything?

Norma in Ottawa
still in a time-warp after getting back from vacation