Old 11-08-2003, 06:06 AM

Default Shade loving marginal plants?

Thank you very much John and K30A for the replies and a very long list
of plants. Your help is very much appreciated.

I'll admit that I'm not much of a gardener. That's my wife's passion.
Since I'm a newbie to ponding, it's quite possible that I'm
confused with the definition of "marginal plants". I thought "marginal
plants" were plants that sat in pots, with the tops of the pots below
the water level (usually sitting in the pond, on a shelf). Is this
right, or did I miss something?

The reason I'm asking this is because I didn't think hostas or lily of
the valley would survive if used in this fashion. Again, I might be
totally wrong. We have many hostas and a good supply of lily of the
valley, but before I try to use them this way, I'd like verification
that they have a good chance of surviving. The pond is not ready for a
liner yet. Just trying to do a little homework before hand. Once
again, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Ed (zone 5, Indiana)