Old 11-08-2003, 06:07 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Frog Bogs

"Heather" wrote:
I just took a look at K30a's pictures and frog bog. For those of you who
have frog bogs perhaps you can tell me what size your bog is (gal. width and
depth) and if the frogs just hang out there or do they lay eggs there as
well? All details would be great!!

In my case the frog pond isn't a bog, and actually has the hardware for an
eventual outside the pond filter. Two reasons for it were to grow lilies
and a place for the Pacific Treefrogs. Around the 1st of March I catch any
baby goldfish out and clean the bottom. Then the frogs come.

This year the first frog arrived around the end of March, with the whole
group there by mid-April. Weather depending I put fantail goldfish in
sometime in June when the frogs are pretty much done spawning and the
taddies are too big for them to eat. Tadpoles eat mosquito larvae too.
~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~