Old 11-08-2003, 06:07 AM
John DeBoo

Default Oil, Soap & Water - was Sevin Pesticide caused aphid infestation

Marley1372 wrote:

snip

not pushing organic gardening here, im urging common sense! Horticultural oil
works very good on aphids.

I'm assuming that the purpose of the oil is to make the other
product stick to the plant - correct?

We had aphids this year (again) on our roses and my wife made a
mixture of a small amt of vegetable oil, water and soap & sprayed it
on them. She felt it worked well since soap and water seem not to
stick to the leaves. No aphids and the roses didn't seem to mind.
Where ever it was she read about this, it apparently said and type
of regular kitchen cooking oil.