Old 11-08-2003, 06:07 AM
jammer

Default Need advice or links on overwintering pond plants.

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 11:09:48 -0500, "Mickey" wrote:

My local garden shop has water lettuce for $0.25 I bought 16 of them and
through in the pond already. With it being so late in the year they just
aren't selling them. I also got a few other things I think they were called
water Hyacinths (SP) they look like a group of floating radishes. How do you
over winter this kind of stuff? I would like to put them in a wood indoor
pond that is 10'9" wide x 4'8" long by 2'4" deep.

I would suspect they would need artificial light. I am in zone 7. It
will get in the teens and stay there for a few days to a week
sometimes during the winter. I tied 3 WH to a brick and sank them last
fall. One survived to make 12. I just threw away 4 of them.