Old 11-08-2003, 06:07 AM
RichToyBox

Default best price for koi food on the net??

I buy in bulk, 50 pounds of ShoKoi, and usually 50 pounds of HaiFeng, though
this year, I have been using an imported food direct from Ray Abell (pretty
pricy, but supposedly very good). This will quantity of food never lasts
more than about 3 months. It is stored in a cool dry basement to slow
deterioration. Good foods are hard to find. Good foods in quantities
sufficient for koi are harder to find. You need a good supplier that will
order the food for you. By buying bulk sizes, I know it has not been on the
store shelf for the last 2 years.
--
RichToyBox

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
news
I looked at expensive koi food at PerSmart and the main ingrediant was
something like Bulk protein. This dog food can't be much different.

Folks like myself and Ingrid, plus I bet RTB, Greg Young and others that
need to fess up, don't purchase our koi food at PetsMart. 1) It's usually
poor quality at high price and 2) not at it's freshest. I purchase Sho Koi
on-line or at a pond store where I know the turn around time doesn't allow
it to gather dust on the shelf.

BV, I can't believe you have that many fish in your pond already for the
food costs to be spendy? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~