Old 11-08-2003, 06:08 AM
David

Default red bud struck by lightning

I think that it will survive in it's damaged state and start to heal
around the wound. But the wound will be too large and some decay will
start, probably shortening it's life-span from decades to decade.

If the tree dies quickly, just from the bolt of lightning, please let
us know. If it lives, treat it with respect.

Connie & Alan wrote in message ...
During that very cool storm we had last night (I say cool because I'm a
great fan of mother nature and her displays), our beautiful red bud was
struck by lightning and split. About a third of it was split off, while
the rest is still standing. There is quite a large wound where the tree
branches.

I don't have the ability to determine if the tree will survive. Does
anyone out there know? I would hate to see this tree die because of
this.

Alan