Old 11-08-2003, 06:08 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default Surviving a plague of moths

The message
from "David W.E. Roberts" contains these words:

Cross posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Roy Millar" wrote in message
Don't know what I could have done to encourage them, but I'm suffering
a plague of small (clothes?) moths.

Anyone know of reasonably safe ways of eliminating them?

There are loads of moths around at present but I doubt they are clothes
moths.
I don't think they do very well on modern artificial fabrics.

Funnily enough in the past fortnight we too have a plague of moths in
the house which look exactly like clothes moths; something I've hardly
seen for years even though most of our clothes and domestic fabrics are
natural fibres. I've been squashing them.

Janet (Isle of Arran)