Old 11-08-2003, 06:08 AM
anne

Default Surviving a plague of moths

Janet Baraclough wrote in message
The message
from "David W.E. Roberts" contains these words:

Cross posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Roy Millar" wrote in message
Don't know what I could have done to encourage them, but I'm suffering
a plague of small (clothes?) moths.

Anyone know of reasonably safe ways of eliminating them?

There are loads of moths around at present but I doubt they are clothes
moths.
I don't think they do very well on modern artificial fabrics.

Funnily enough in the past fortnight we too have a plague of moths in
the house which look exactly like clothes moths; something I've hardly
seen for years even though most of our clothes and domestic fabrics are
natural fibres. I've been squashing them.

Janet (Isle of Arran)

Clothes moths officially died out according to a website I came across.
Forget the year and the website, but trust me all moths around today are
friends.