Old 11-08-2003, 06:08 AM
Larry Blanchard

Default can you water to much ???

In article , says...
How much are you watering at a time ? It is better to give a deep
watering once a week, then 3 shallow ones. The deep watering causes the
roots to go deeper thereby avoiding drought.
A simple rule of thumb is 1-2 inches of water per week. If you do it
slow so it soaks in and doesn't run off you should be able to do it once
a week.

Sorry for the slow reply - I've been away from computers for a week :-).

Since the soil in the raised beds is about 1" below the tops of the
boards, I know I'm giving at least an inch (some soaks in while I'm
filling). It doesn't make sense to me either, but my garden suffers if I
water less.

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?