Old 11-08-2003, 06:09 AM
Mark Anderson

Default Gardening in the refridgerator

LOL. Today I pick a big tomato and go to make a tomato, onion, basil,
and chive sandwich. Not having used my onions in a while, to my
surprise, I go into the crisper section of the refrigerator to see my 3
white onions already growing -- and without any help from me! Since I
had a few extra gallon pots handy I put them all in the soil and now
they're outside.

It's pretty late in the season to start vegetables (Zone 5, Chicago).
What will happen with these and can I continue them inside when the frost
starts in October? They seemed to grow pretty well inside the
refrigerator without light. I've never grown onions before.