Old 11-08-2003, 06:10 AM
Ted Byers

Default Now I've Done It!

"disy" wrote in message
et...

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
news
Hi, Diana!

There aren't too many of us - most are Dianes. Don't you love our name?
Diana

I do love our name - I love being the named after the Goddess of the Moon.
It was always great being the only one; in school no one had your name and
at work - everyone can just refer to you as Diana because there is usually
only one in a crowd. It's amazing to find another! I too have never met
another one. Strange huh?! What would really be amazing is if you were a
Leo too!

Now I am jealous.

I know of one professor of mathematics that has my name, and, worse, during
the time I was a student at the University of Toronto, there were at least
three men with my name. What was really scary is that one looked so much
like me that one of the professors who had us both in his class in the same
year (but in different courses), stopped me in the street and rebuked me for
not attending a makeup test he had arranged. It was a challenge for me to
convince him that I had not taken that course, but rather a different
course, with him. So there is at least one person my age who is running
around with my face, fitting my description and my name. I can only hope he
is an honourable man! Now, it would be ironic if he too grew orchids.

More ironic was a case in which my mother got a call, when she was a young
newlywed, from a bank about credit problems. It turned out that there was
another young couple in which the man's name was identical to my father's
name and the woman's name was identical to my mother's name. The only thing
that the bank had to distinguish that couple from my parents was that they
lived on the opposite side of town! (Yes, the bank did finally reach the
right couple, as my parents were very careful to followup the issue.)

Cheers,

Ted