Old 11-08-2003, 06:10 AM
Nicolas Steenhout

Default [IBC] Pot packing...

Well, today was spent packing pots! Before doing this though, I did the
sanitizing process.

Friday night, I filled the tub with a 10% solution of household bleach and
90% water. I put my pots in the tub. Left all that overnight. Drained
the tub, rinsed. Spread around to dry.

Today, I setup myself with bubble wrap and packing tape. Went to town. I
started wrapping the very small pots. I have a lot of tiny pots, some
micro-minis from Luis, some other rather small ones as well. Didn't
actually pack the pots, just set them aside.

Then I moved to larger pots and nestled as many as I could. Went that way,
until I had several bundles.

Then I got my boxes ready (the small Uhaul ones), lined it with a big
plastic garbage bag (shipping container may be at sea and on dock a while,
want to avoid humidity trouble as much as possible). Then I lined the
bottom of the boxes with bath towel. Started putting my pot bundles in,
filling lose space with socks, laying tshirts in between layers of bundles.

I managed to fit nearly all my pots in 2 uhaul boxes. Granted, most of my
pots are small ones, but I'm glad it fit in two boxes. Put a print out of
the sanitizing procedures I took in each box, sealed the whole thing! Bingo.

It took me about 4 hours to do the job right.

Only one more weekend before shipping container will be here. Yeowza.

Nicolas
http://www.bmee.net
"A community that excludes even one of its members is no community at all"
- Dan Wilkins

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++