Old 11-08-2003, 06:11 AM
Essjay001

Default Neighborus ignoramus and our hedge

Sally Thompson wrote:
snip
also today cut off some branches of an existing ash tree which was right

on the boundary
- and thrown them over our side. But is there anything we can do legally

about what he has done to the ash tree?

If he has unbalanced the tree it may fall over then he would probably be
responsible for any damage caused.

If the tree is definately yours then he did the right thing by putting the
cuttings over your side, however if the tree is his then you should throw
the cuttings back over his fence!

Sorry to sound off, but you can all imagine how we feel! By the way,
there is absolutely NO way we can discuss this with him - a polite and
friendly good morning is met with a turned back, and after a year
we've just given up.

You could go to his front door and invite him for coffee but some neighbours
are just a waste of oxygen and short of getting a few blokes down the pub to
give him correctional training there in nowt 't be done. He is legally
entitled to be an a***hole if he wants to be.

Steve R
--
"Latest gear:- One piece one button suit extremely comfortable, perfect
for Relaxation, Sports, Hiking, Swimming, a must have" OOPS sorry you