Old 11-08-2003, 06:11 AM

Default Pumpkins?

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 17:59:44 +0100, Rusty Hinge
wrote:

The message
from contains these words:

Considering how early the last frost was this year and how warm it has
been at times, I think I'll take some chances on the allotment next
year - does anyone have any suggestions? I have saved seed from
various types of melon that we have eaten this summer so I'll give
some of them a try (especially the small Galia melons).

I've grown galia and honeydew outside. At the time I had about three
hundred rabbits, several goats and loads of poultry. I made a hotbed to
start them off, planted them at the end of March and kept them under
cloches at night.

They were a tad small, but packed with flavour.

The galia melons that the seeds came from were Spanish, but were only
large grapefruit size - just right to share between two. I actually
have one growing now as a kind of germination test but it was sown so
late that there is no chance of getting ripe fruit from it.
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk