Old 11-08-2003, 09:42 AM
Warren

Default slightly ot, was chemicals

zxcvbob wrote:

I've wondered for years why old tires were not ground up, the steel
removed with magnets, and the rubber mixed with crude oil at the

refineries.

I can't find the reference, but in the last couple of weeks I came
across a story about a guy who took old tires, and built a fence in a
rural area with them, and ran into all kinds of legal troubles because
of the laws regarding the "disposal" of tires. I wonder how often
recycling efforts die not because the technology isn't there, but
because the laws are inflexible, and the folks who could change them
don't care to change them?

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.