Old 11-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Mich

Default How to be an irritating neighbour.

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Drakanthus wrote:
I knew a chap years ago who was fed up with lorries/vans cars coming

down
narrow lane and taking out the corner of his hedge, & then wall. His
solution was to obtain a 12' length of railway rail which he sank 8

feet
into the ground (imbedded in a copious quantity of concrete). He then

faced
the iron rail with some hardwood so as it give it the appearance of a

post.
Any vehicle that subsequently hit the "post" then came off a lot worse.
The point here is that to stop someone knocking over your plants put
something down that will damage their vehicles. If the railway line is

not
suitable solution then some very large boulders should do the trick. Or

ditch.

Or, plant a metal spike where the Hebe is, hidden amongst the foliage. I
think the tractor tyres would come of worse!

You might well then get a bill for the tyre, which will be in four
figures, and might lose in court. The post idea is a better one.

It just so happens that there are two boulders either side of this plant,
and it had crossed my mind to add a third immovable large one.

I like the idea of the rail line fence post. I was trying to get hold of
some of those road cones to point out to the B*stard where my drive actually
is - although frankly its very plain where it is and make him come round it.

I also have some heavy duty curb stoning but I thought it was rather flat
I am certainly taking on board all ideas.