Old 11-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Mich

Default How to be an irritating neighbour.

"Mich" wrote in message

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Drakanthus wrote:
I knew a chap years ago who was fed up with lorries/vans cars coming

down
narrow lane and taking out the corner of his hedge, & then wall. His
solution was to obtain a 12' length of railway rail which he sank 8

feet
into the ground (imbedded in a copious quantity of concrete). He then
faced
the iron rail with some hardwood so as it give it the appearance of a
post.
Any vehicle that subsequently hit the "post" then came off a lot

worse.
The point here is that to stop someone knocking over your plants put
something down that will damage their vehicles. If the railway line

is
not
suitable solution then some very large boulders should do the trick.

Or
I should add , for the record he has NO RIGHT OF WAY across my drive.