Old 11-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Stephen M. Henning

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

(brojack) wrote:

What I really need to know is its effect on ground water.

We have a shallow well (19') and this year the water level is only down
a couple feet below the surface. We are very carefull about what we
spray around our yard because we know we are going to end up drinking
it. We use roundup and have never had any problems and our well has
never tested showing any chemicals.

We use roundup with a hand sprayer. The roundup is rendered harmless by
the soil. As it goes through the soil it gets chemically tied up by any
clay in the soil.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman