Old 11-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Aaron Baugher

Default Two tomato problems and stegosaurus worm...friend or foe?

DigitalVinyl writes:

Okay I recall someone mentioning a tomato horn worm so that was my
first guess.

Interestingly enough the stegosaurus spikes are wasp eggs. The page
I found recommends leaving the infected worm alone so the wasps will
hatch and kill more.

Is that what others do? Leave them to produce wasps/insects?

That's what I did last year, and this year I haven't had a single
hornworm. Can't say for sure that's the reason, but maybe the wasps
wiped them out in the neighborhood. I've never had a year go by
without finding hornworms before.

--
Aaron