Old 11-08-2003, 03:33 PM
Jase

Default Weeding a lawn

I use a length of 15mm copper tube with a length of 1/2" steel inside it for
ejection.
I place the copper tube directly over the centre of the dandy, push down a
good few inches, then retract. I then eject plug of 'lawn' into bin, using
the 1/2" rod. More often than not, the plug contains the whole root.
It leaves a clean cut hole in the lawn, ideal for filling with
sand/compost/seed, or leaving alone!

Jase.

"PJ" wrote in message
. com...
Hi

My new lawn is looking very good. I put the seeds down myself in September
having prepared the ground beforehand very thoroughly last summer.

I am mowing it regularly and this does indeed keep the weeds at bay very

well
indeed. It's also getting a lot of water in this very dry period.

I do have a few dandelions and I'm wondering what is the best way of

removing
them? I am a newbie at gardening completely so forgive me if my question

has
a very obvious answer.

If I dig them up doesn't this leave a hole in the lawn? I understand the

lawn
will fill the hole in after a while, but is there a technique to digging

them
out leaving just a very small hole? or something...

--
Patrick