Old 11-08-2003, 04:22 PM
David J Bockman

Default Soil amendment reccomendations

wrote in message

1. Is mushroom soil a good soil ammendment?

Yes, it's an awesome amendment.

2. If it is how often and when would be the best time to add it, fall or
spring?

If it's spent mushroom compost (soil in which mushrooms have already grown)
then anytime is fine, early spring and late fall being probably the best.
Raw sheep manure (as mushroom soil usually is) might be too 'hot' for
anything but fall/winter distribution.

3. If there are better ammendments what are they and when should I add
them, fall or spring?

I guess a lot depends upon the soil with which you started, but basically
any organic matter you can get your hands on... leaves, grass clippings,
shredded bark, pine needles, composted manure, etc.

4. Based on what I have described, what am I doing right or wrong?

Seems like you're doing everything right.

Dave