Old 11-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Annabel

Default Getting rid of yew stumps - advice please

"Judy Donovan" wrote in message
Hi,
We have just cut down a yew hedge and are left with a long row of

stumps and
roots - these are very sturdy so will take a bit of removing. Does

anyone
know anyway to make this easier? I was wondering about applying

something
to the stumps to try and kill them before trying to dig them up -

would that
make it easier? they're very secure in the ground at the moment and

it will
take some doing I think.

Thanks to all those who replied to my request for advice on pruning

the old
rose - it was a big help.
Regards
Judy

You could always call in professional with a stump grinder, As I
understand it health and safety doesn't allow you to hire one.

Annabel