Old 11-08-2003, 08:04 PM
Gary Rich

Default Blue Koi

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
I have seen koi that people had said are blue, when they're really just a
light gray. It wasn't till I saw one at a koi convention did I see a true
blue (pardon the pun) koi. It was an asagi simlar to this:
http://www.koi.com/encyclo/asagi.html
but without the netting and the blue was true sky blue, the fish was a
scaleless (leather skin) variety of asagi... and no, I didn't bother to ask
the price, the old if you gotta ask.... ~ jan

I picked up a nice little shusui (scaleless asagi) this spring at the
Young Koi Show in SoCal. He was only $18 at 2" with a nice color. He's
now ~6" and the blue upper section is sky blue or maybe cornflower blue
(in the Crayola color scale).

I did a quick images.google.com search for a good pic of one to link to,
but didn't really see one. They all had much less blue coloring than
this little guy has. Maybe the blue is hard to photograph or tends to
fade with time?

garyr