Old 12-08-2003, 01:14 AM
Rusty Hinge

Default Pumpkins?

The message
from contains these words:

I've grown galia and honeydew outside. At the time I had about three
hundred rabbits, several goats and loads of poultry. I made a hotbed to
start them off, planted them at the end of March and kept them under
cloches at night.

They were a tad small, but packed with flavour.

The galia melons that the seeds came from were Spanish, but were only
large grapefruit size - just right to share between two. I actually
have one growing now as a kind of germination test but it was sown so
late that there is no chance of getting ripe fruit from it.

Some of mine grew to the size of an orange, while others didn't quite
get that enormous. The Honeydews looked rather like giant lemons. (About
the size of ostrich eggs.)

--
Rusty
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk excange d.p. with p to reply.