Old 12-08-2003, 01:16 AM
Kay Easton

Default Small green weed

In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , John Edgar
writes
We have a block driveway, and as well as moss, there is also a small
green weed that grows in the interstices between the bricks. It has
been called "mind your own business" but I don't know whether this is
correct. It looks like pondweed - very small dark green leaves.

That sounds like 'mind your own business' - Soleriola soleriella or
something like that.

Helxine soleirolli?

that's the one! Used to be Helxine, but genus name has changed to
Soleirolia

I wish I had some. It is a wonderful plant to have growing in crevices in a
damp, shady place. But If my memory serves me right, which it usually
fails to do, it is not quite hardy high up in the Yorkshire Dales.

Whereabouts are you? We're at 400ft, and here it gets brown patches from
frost during the winter, but grows back green in the summer. You might
find it worth a try. I can post you some if you want a try.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: