Old 12-08-2003, 01:26 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default How to be an irritating neighbour.

The message
from "Mich" contains these words:

It just so happens that there are two boulders either side of this plant,
and it had crossed my mind to add a third immovable large one.

It won't be immovable to anyone with a large tractor; he'll just push
it out of his way and then you could find you're the one who can't get
past an immovable rock.

Don't be fool enough to start a war of attrition against a farmer
neighbour, because he holds all the best weapons and won't lose. I'm
surprised that you could have lived in the country so long and not
realise that.

Are you sure it's reasonable to decorate your boundary to a narrow
lane/corner leading to farmland? Isn't it inevitable that large and
unwieldy farm machines will have to get past somehow?

Janet.